RE: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly

Subject: RE: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly
From: "Etzel, Gary" <Gary -dot- Etzel -at- Advantica -dot- biz>
To: 'Tony Markos ' <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'techwr-l-bounces+gary -dot- etzel=advantica -dot- biz -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com '" <techwr-l-bounces+gary -dot- etzel=advantica -dot- biz -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, 'Al Geist ' <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com '" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:06:26 -0500

I don't understand why that matters. Someone was communicating in written
form to an audience that expected accurate information. But rather than
provide accurate information, you claim they provided incomplete information
and deliberately tried to hide their shortcomings through style and
formatting tricks. Whoever reads the content, whether a manager or editor or
customer, will see right through that kind of foolishness.

So let's get to the point, because I don't know what the point is. Should
"writers" be allowed to apply on-the-fly formatting so that they can hide
their incompetencies behind formatting trickery? Or should on-the-fly
formatting be limited so that "writers" can focus on providing accurate
content, which is the point of what we do?

Gary