RE: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: New Poll Question
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Amy Gale" <amyg -at- grammatech -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:30:40 -0800

>> I think I must be within a couple of years of Lisa Roth (it's hard to
correct for localization issues[*]).

>> I don't remember seeing Star Wars, but I _do_ remember having a
read-along Star Wars book. It came with a
45 in a pocket in the back, and R2D2 beeped at you when it was time
to turn the page.

Star Wars came out when I was in *college*. Saw it 5 times the first

>> I didn't have computer, but the girl next door did. Her father typed
in games out of magazines. The games
never worked. Their cat was called DOS; my parents were the only
other people on the block who understood
that this was funny.

:rolleyes: I was a professional programmer before the first
microcomputer came out. I wrote Basic for the IMSAI 8080; my brother
sold them.

>> I wasn't allowed to watch the following because my mother objected
on various grounds:
* The Dukes of Hazzard.
* CHiPs.
* The Smurfs.