RE: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: New Poll Question
From: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:00:57 -0600

My 1st computer was a 16k Wang that was 14 ft long & 5 ft wide. It would run
any program you could punch out on the inch-wide paper tape created by a
punch machine tied to a teletype. Talk about no typing errors!
My favorite story is when I was buying a Mac color GS and wanted to load all
my programs and files at once into a RAM disk and wanted to buy a 4 MB RAM
card at $800. The salesman at Computize tried for half an hour to talk me
out of it with the infamous "Why can you possibly need 4 MB of RAM? It comes
with 128k."
Rick