RE: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: New Poll Question
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:36:38 +0100 (CET)

Well, a bit late, but what the...

Disclaimer: Cultural differences may apply with me being German and all that.

Childhood and Youth:
The Avengers, Raumpatrouille Orion, Raumschiff Enterprise (Star Trek TOS) (reruns I suppose);
Biene Maja, Kimba, Wombles, Heidi and other great stuff on TV.
First cinema visit ever without my parents: Police Academy
First computer: C64
Lots of comics (Lucky Luke, Asterix, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Superman, Batman, Justice League)
Lots of Sci-Fi: Heinlein, Asimov, Rolf Ulrici, Edmond Hamiltion, Doc E.E. Smith, The Perry Rhodan
series, Arthur C. Clarke

First English book read voluntarily: Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert H. Heinlein.
First TV series watched in English: Star Trek NG

Greatest political and social event: fall of the wall, renunion of the two Germanies
Greatest catastrophe: Tschernobyl

After that: studied biology for some time, quit, trained to become a physics lab assistent, got no
job, worked in chemical plant, got fed up, took up studying TW, dabbled in writing, translation,
multimedia, layout.
Got a job as a TW, doing documentation and marketing communications. Will get fired today.
Wanna be an educator sometime.

Have a nice holiday,

Jens