Re: Merry Christmas vs. Bah, humbug!

Subject: Re: Merry Christmas vs. Bah, humbug!
From: "A" <aurora -at- identicloak -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:42:20 -0500 (EST)

Morton, Christopher said:
> Interesting, though I had never considered working for them anyway
> when
> I lived in that area of the world. Do they actually prohibit one from
> saying or writing "Merry Christmas"?
>
> And to Joe, Happy Hannukah!
>
>> Chris Morton

You can't say "Merry Christmas" because some folks don't celebrate
Christmas.

You can't say "Happy Holidays" because some folks aren't off or don't
hold anything to be holy (holidays is a contraction of "holy days").

You can't say "Season's Greetings" because maybe someone's favorite
season isn't winter and they don't like being greeted by the season.

You can't say "Have a Happy Day" because this time of the year can be
pretty depressing for some people.

So you're left with "Have a Day".

Have a day,

A.u.r.o.r.a