Re: Don Norman on Manual Writing

Subject: Re: Don Norman on Manual Writing
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:22:36 -0800

It's a fine distinction, but while I agree the manual *should* not be
the product spec, unfortunately all too often it ends up being the closest thing there is to one in the development process.
Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>

I was in agreement with the exception of writing the manual first and
having it be the specification.

project-based workflow. Try it today!

Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML Source: Author content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML editor. No proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit

Don Norman on Manual Writing: From: Jens Reineking
Re: Don Norman on Manual Writing: From: Bill Swallow