Re: Scoping a DocumentationProject??

Subject: Re: Scoping a DocumentationProject??
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 01:58:29 -0600

If I'm presented with inadequate information about the scope of the project, I gleefully accept it as a license to make all of the decisions, substituting my own skill and judgement for that of project managers, engineers, programmers and pointy-haired bosses who have little or no grasp of what constitutes good documentation.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
From: Tony Markos

Tony Markos responds:
It is this process of proding the developers (and/or SMEs) that I am
asking about.

That was not at all clear from the conversation on this list that I've been
following. There are myriad styles of gathering information. I would
recommend consulting a few books that treat how to do so if you have no
applicable experience in conducting research.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com