Re: Friday Poll Idea (WAS: In love with a word)

Subject: Re: Friday Poll Idea (WAS: In love with a word)
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:54:06 -0500

> Okay so my question for this lovely Friday morning is this: Now that
> we've been talking about words that _other_ writers are in love with and
> overuse, misuse, abuse, and flog incessantly in their documentation,
> what about looking in the mirror: What word (or words) are _you_ tempted
> to use in your documentation? Which word would just love to find a way
> to use at least once on every page of every document you create?

Personally I'd like to write in an extremely informal tone, using cuss
words at appropriate times and being able to write phrases such as
"Now, I know you'll think this is stupid, but trust me, this is the
only way to get this [censored] application to do this operation, so
pay attention, you!" without getting into trouble. ;-)

--
Bill Swallow
42.8162,-73.7736