Re: Asking for opinions about this job

Subject: Re: Asking for opinions about this job
From: "Cassandra Greer" <cassandra -at- greer -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:28:43 +0100 (MET)

Not that I have more experience though at one point I was the lone tech
writer at a startup that inflated quickly (but deflated just as quickly). Ah
I remember the times when I would send around docs and manuals for review
days if not weeks in advance and not get them back despite reminders and
then have those people get really mad at me when I would not change major
things in my large FM files 30 minutes before the final build of the
software (including documentation) was to be generated. But I digress...

Do you have a big calendar above your desk with the dates all your current
projects are due? If someone asks you to do something, make sure they come
to your desk to schedule. Tell them how much time it will take and ask them
to help you find the time on your calendar that will accomodate both of you.
Then they can see what they are up against ;)

Just a suggestion to get you through until you have decided what to do with
your situation.

Cass :)

--
Cassandra Greer