Re: Underline setting in Word styles

Subject: Re: Underline setting in Word styles
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "Kirk Turner" <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:10:15 -0500

Kirk,
There are a couple of solutions, and the one you choose depends
on how you are numbering your heading.

* If you are autonumbering your headings, there is a Font
button on the Customize db that allows you to format the
number to your choosing and different from the paragraph
text. To accomplish what you want - a plain number with
underlined text - you'd create the heading paragraph style
with your underlined font, and then (from the style db)
select Format Bullets & Numbering, go to the Outline
Numbering tab, select the scheme you're using, click
Customize, click Font, and define the font style for the
number without an underline.

* If you are using SEQ fields, you can store pre-formatted
field codes as autotext with a character style applied.
Again, your heading paragraph style has underlining turned
on, while the character style applied to the autotext has
underlining turned off.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher