...left as an exercise for the reader

Subject: ...left as an exercise for the reader
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:45:38 -0500

I am corresponding with a customer support person regarding some
not-ready-for-prime-time software that I was asked to download and test.
In our last exchange, this person wanted to see a screenshot of what I
was seeing. Her email included the following:

To do a screen capture,

1. Hit the "Print Screen" button when the window appears.
2. Launch Paint program by clicking on the Windows Start menu ->
Programs -> Accessories -> Paint.
3. After launching the Paint program, go to Edit -> Paste. This will
paste your screen capture into the new image document.
4. Save your new image document in JPG format.
5. Email the JPG file to us.

Now I am not asking any of the pros here to critique that set of
instructions, but it might be an interesting exercise for the student or
newbie members of the list.

So, OFF-LIST PLEASE!!!! send me your new and improved instructions,
taking into account everything you've been taught about writing
procedures for end users.

I'll compile the responses and post them all at once, but if you send
your response to the list now, you will bias other respondents. Let me
know if I have permission to attribute your answer to you by name.

Have fun,

Dick