Re: Are your documents interesting?

Subject: Re: Are your documents interesting?
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:37:20 -0500

I just had a discussion with a trainer here yesterday who was complaining that no one reads his documents. I told him you can write a document, but you can't make anyone read it. Even if you make the document as interesting as humanly possible, if someone is not interested...it won't be all that interesting. If they are interested, even a SVD can be a good read! :)

Melissa

From: "Gene Kim-Eng" To: "Steven Brown" ,"TECHWR-L" Subject: Re: Are your documents interesting? Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:09:53 -0800

I think it depends on what you consider "interesting," and to whom. I don't think our developers find our docs interesting, and probably wouldn't no matter how we wrote them. Judging from the feedback we get from customers through our field engineers, I'd say the customers find them worth reading. And I suspect that our competitors would find them fascinating. :)

However, I doubt that there's anyone using any of our docs for recreational reading.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Brown"

"Even if your actual product is interesting...do you have docs, FAQs, specs, articles, learning/support blogs, etc. that are NOT interesting? Should they be?"

Now Shipping -- WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word! Easily create online Help. And online anything else. Redesigned interface with a new project-based workflow. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

--- You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotmail.com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.