RE: Visio PDFs look poor

Subject: RE: Visio PDFs look poor
From: "Jeroen Dekker" <jeroen -at- square1 -dot- nl>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:00:00 +0100

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:16:48 -0500
From: "Kirk Turner" <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>

> My manual hinges on about 32 visio charts that look poor when I
convert
> them to PDF. I'm using print-quality settings. Does anyone know what I
may > be doing incorrectly? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

For an effective response, you should probably be a lot more specific
than this. Are you talking about about printing from Visio to PDF? Or
about printing your (FrameMaker? Word?) manual to PDF with the Visio
diagrams incorporated? If so, how did you bring them in? OLE linking?
PDF? EPS? WMF? GIF? In general, try keeping them in a vector format, so
that the diagram will always print at the maximum resolution of your
printer.

Regards,

Jeroen Dekker

Visual Integrity Technologies