RE: Hourly vs. Salaried

Subject: RE: Hourly vs. Salaried
From: Sonja Waller <swaller_2000 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>, quills -at- airmail -dot- net, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Parcell, Michelle" <Michelle_Parcell -at- g1 -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:25:56 -0800 (PST)

Writing is a process. Quite often the writing goes on
while you are walking around the lake or sitting in
the sun. It is usually not billed, but it is still
part of writing the document. It is also done during
lunches with colleagues or other team members. Does
your manager know this? Probably not. I've found that
most writers, myself included, do not tell managers
because the assumption is that they would not
understand. I believe they need to be told. They need
to know the process.

Additionally, as you all know, every project has a
"feast and famine" cycle. That, I am guessing, is why
they want you to be hourly.

(Just my 2 cents)

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/swaller_2000%40yahoo.com

> To subscribe, send a blank email to
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
> Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more
> resources and info.

Sincerely,
Sonja

Skillful speech not only means that we pay attention to the words we speak and to their tone, but also requires that our words reflect compassion and concern for others, and that they help and heal, rather than wound and destroy.

http://mail.yahoo.com