RoboHelp Issue: Map ID

Subject: RoboHelp Issue: Map ID
From: "Keith Hansen" <KRH -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:23:18 -0600

Had an interesting issue with RoboHelp for Word today:

1. The Map ID folder on the Project Tab lists a map ID number as
"unused."

2. The Map ID report lists the map ID number as "unused."

3. However, when we try to assign that same map ID number to a topic,
RoboHelp won't let us do it--we get a message, "Map ID in Use."

We got around the problem by going to the Project Tab, deleting the
supposedly unused Map ID, and then manually adding the ID number to our
topic. Worked fine....

As they say for essay questions, "Explain." Any ideas why RoboHelp told
us two contradictory things? Couldn't possibly both be right at the
same time!

Keith