Re: Ergh, RoboHelp is Driving Me Crazy!

Subject: Re: Ergh, RoboHelp is Driving Me Crazy!
From: Amy Gale <amyg -at- grammatech -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:36:42 -0500

Phillip Gochenour wrote:

I have one thing to accomplish today and RoboHelp is driving me crazy.

I am attempting to output a draft of an implementation guide to .chm.
When I output to WebHelp, everything is perfect. When I output to .chm,
there is a topic that gets dropped from the TOC, and three topics that
show up with the wrong font formatting.

I have checked the code, and all of the weirdly formatted files have the
proper stylesheet attached. I tried copying the text, deleting the
files, and then pasting the text back into a new file, with the same
result.

I don't make .chms, but for what it's worth:

1) Make sure the .hhc file contains the proper names and paths for everything in your TOC

2) Check the DOCTYPE declarations on the funny topics - compare them to topics that are behaving properly. I know this sounds weird, but RH's Evil Rewriting Scheme seems to extend to replacing perfectly good declarations with ones that make styles behave weirdly. Or maybe it's just me.

Tell me it's just me.