Maintaining Documentation

Subject: Maintaining Documentation
From: Kimberly McClintock <kimberlymcc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:33:03 -0800 (PST)

All --

I'm a relative newbie and I've just completed the
first version of documents for 2 products with about
90% overlap in content. I need to come up with a
maintenance strategy. I don't know what the plans are
for product development; trying to prepare for that
conversation. I'm using Word. Yes, just Word. We do
our help manually.

I've spent an hour searching the archives for
information on best practices in document maintenance
and I'm not finding anything. I realize that the
variables are such that this is a tough question to
ask, but I'm looking for a start...any ideas? Even the
appropriate search terms to find the info in the
archive would help.

Thanks
Kimberly McClintock

http://mail.yahoo.com