RE: Formality is going bye-bye?

Subject: RE: Formality is going bye-bye?
From: "Claire Conant" <Claire -dot- Conant -at- Digeo -dot- com>
To: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>, "Collin T" <tutivillus -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:39:04 -0800

David, I will stand up with you on that soap box. My pet peeve is
deliberate misspellings just to create some cute marketing campaign. I
just can't handle that.

Claire Conant - Washing off the suds now.

David wrote:

Here is one man's (very jaded) opinion. (Bringing out soap box)

It seems to me that there is a "dumbing down" of communications at every
level of American society. Collin refers to it as a trend towards
informality, but I see this as a much more insidious threat to our
culture.
It goes hand in hand with our children's inability to read and write at
grade levels consistent with the Flesch-Kincaid reading index or
understand
math beyond basic arithmetic.

I don't know how the school system in your state/county/district works,
but
our school board in Pinellas County, Florida, wants to do away with the
valedictorian and salutatorian because they don't feel it is fair to the
other students. And we wonder why Americans cannot compete in a global
economy. (Putting away soap box)

Sorry, I had to vent.

David B. Dubin, PHR
Senior Curriculum Developer