Re: Guru.com

Subject: Re: Guru.com
From: wanda <wanda -dot- jane -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:13:24 -0800

I got one contract through guru.com, signed up for their service (thinking that the one contract was such a good experience, maybe there were more out there), let my membership lapse, and still get some notifications.
I find most of the listings are, as a friend put it, from people who want the moon in exchange for some cheese. A lot of times, folks don't really know what they want/need and are not used to going to a professional for help.
I bid on a dozen or more contracts but never got anything after the first one (gotten when I was still on the free membership). The one contract I did get has led to a couple of others. I consider signing up every once in a while, but I keep waiting for the magical moment where I feel like I can fritter the price of a subscription away.
Wanda

--
Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent.
Pierre Trudeau