IE 7 and .chms

Subject: IE 7 and .chms
From: "Rowles, Carol" <Carol -dot- Rowles -at- fnf -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:11:41 -0500

I have set up IE 7 on a test machine. When I try to view .chm files
created with RoboHelp X5, either through the application, or directly by
opening the .chm, I get a message: Navigation to the webpage was
canceled.

After doing some research on the web, I found a site that says that
"this message is generated by IE when entries in the users HOSTS file
are preventing access from one or more servers designated in the web
page. In most cases, this occurs from 3rd party ad servers such as
"doubleclick", where the "Navigation canceled" message replaces an ad
banner in a hidden frame within the viewing page."

Can anyone explain to me what this means or how to fix it? We cannot
tell our customers that they cannot use IE 7. Thanks

Carol S. Rowles
Paralegal/Tech Writer

Fidelity Information Services, Inc.
Empower Division
50 S. Water Avenue
Sharon, PA 16146
Phone: 724-981-5087
Fax: 724-981-5092

http://empower.fnis.com

This message, and the information contained herein, is intended only for
the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary
information and may be subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege or other
confidentiality protections. If you are not the designated recipient, or
the person responsible for delivering this to a designated recipient,
Fidelity requests that you immediately notify the sender and asks that
you do not read the message, or its attachments, and that you delete
them without copying or sending them to anyone else. If you receive this
in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete the message,
and destroy any hard copies.