Recording messages to send by email

Subject: Recording messages to send by email
From: "Tissa Salter" <tissa55 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:42:55 +0300

Hi all,

There is a handy feature in my Vonage IP service of having voicemail
messages sent to my email. Recently, I have found a way to expand
that usage in that I record my own voicemail messages to my students
by calling my Vonage number, have the messages sent to my own email
address as .wav attachments, then clean up, add my own text, and
forward the messages to them. The students like it very much.

Okay, so, rather than that convoluted transcontinental approach, could
someone tell me what I need to record my own .wav files to send to my
students? I'm going to a conference in April and would love to record
some mini-lectures (~15 minutes long) to send them the week I will be
gone. If you would just point me in the right direction I would
appreciate it very much.

T.

Tissa Salter
English Faculty
Texas A&M University - Qatar
Office: (Qatar) 974 - 492 - 7417
Mobile: (Qatar) 974 - 572 - 2976
Home: (Qatar) 974 - 493 - 0187
College Station, TX number ringing in Qatar home (CST + 9 hours):
979 - 216 - 1223
Texas Mobile: 979 - 218 - 3462
US Forwarding Address:
c/o TAMUQ Suppport Office
PO Box B-6
College Station, TX 77843-4251

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein