RE: Being Laid Off

Subject: RE: Being Laid Off
From: "Claire Conant" <Claire -dot- Conant -at- Digeo -dot- com>
To: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 06:55:11 -0800

Believe it or not, I got my current job by posting my resume on Yahoo
jobs. It was a last minute thing and I'd had my resume up on Monster for
a long time.
I've also been placed at jobs through placement agencies. Often they
provide benefits as well as a decent wage. In the Seattle area, my
favorite is Sakson & Taylor. Volt is fine, but when my contract ended,
they did absolutely NOTHING to help me find another job. It wasn't
because I wasn't a good worker - the company I was initially placed with
was trying to hire me full time, but was forced to give the job to an
internal candidate whose position was being eliminated.
Someone recommended filing for unemployment immediately. I second that
recommendation. In Washington, there is a waiting period of a week.
Good luck with your search.
Claire