RE: Being Laid Off - Unemployment Benefits

Subject: RE: Being Laid Off - Unemployment Benefits
From: "Evans, Diane L (Rosetta)" <diane_evans -at- merck -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:17:39 -0500

>Depends on the state. In AZ, it wasn't worth one's while to waste the
>gas, then jump through their myriad of hoops only to learn they'd send
>me about $25 a week. I told them not to bother and left.

Washington State is a good state for collecting unemployment. All of the
paperwork can be done on-line. The maximum benefit amount (depending on
what you earned in the last year) is somewhere around $400 a month.

Thank goodness, I have not had to take advantage of the program for nearly 4
years, and probably (cross my fingers) will never have to do so again.

Diane Evans
Requirements Analyst
ASQ CSQE
Rosetta Inpharmatics
206-802-6560

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.