Re: An Observation

Subject: Re: An Observation
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:14:12 -0600

This message was forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the original
poster to see your response, you must reply to the TECHWR-L list. All direct
replies to this message are automatically discarded. Contact Lisa lisa

Concerning contracting versus full-time positions
and which are being found more available.

My company has three openings to replace; one person
who went elsewhere, one to bump out a contractor,
and another for someone who is leaving but isn't gone
yet and hasn't told anyone, and I'm not supposed to
officially know.

But, in their infinite wisdom, instead of finding
seasoned tech writers to fill these positions filled
currently by seasoned write, all of them are for entry
level positions.

So, there is good news and bad news here depending
on whether you are a recent college grad or not.

This is with a company that has had a hiring freeze
for a long time and uses contractors a lot.

Anon