RE: Blame the writer redux

Subject: RE: Blame the writer redux
From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: Cindy -dot- Crittenden -at- cox -dot- com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:55:00 +0800

Hi Cindy -

I'm not sure about your reference to those poor police officers. The
article is saying that child seats appear to no better than seat belts for
children older than two. I don't think the article claims that this is
because the child seats are being installed by stupid police officers. At
least, I can't see anywhere that it says that.

The police are only mentioned with respect to the four-day training course.
That doesn't seem unreasonably long to cover a 345-page training manual,
given that there are dozens of possible combinations of seat design and car
interior layout.

Regards

Stuart