RE: Developing a troubleshooting guide

Subject: RE: Developing a troubleshooting guide
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:40:59 -0500

Perhaps this method has lain unused for years because companies don't
want to antagonize their customers.

Instead of punishing users for not reading the manual, how about
rewarding them for reading it? You could prompt them to receive coupons,
rebates, or chocolate* by retrieving that same information.

-- Dan Goldstein

* Chocolate bar wrapped in custom-printed wrapper with your product's
logo (and don't forget the "may contain tree nuts" warning)

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.