RE: Work from home (Telecommute)

Subject: RE: Work from home (Telecommute)
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:08:29 -0500

Have you tried elance.com? I did a couple of small freelance jobs with them. However, you tend to compete with off shore companies that bid really low..so good luck!

Also I have worked from home a couple of times and it is great if you have a good relationship with your supervisor. If not it can be very tricky and annoying. I had one last summer that let me work from home but would basically forget about me until the last minute, and I really had to get used to feeling like I was annoying him. You really are not at all in the loop and without good communication with your supervisor..it can be tricky.

The other tech writer here works at home as he is part-time and I act as the go-between with him and the other people in the office, and I constantly have to remind them to contact him about his projects and to answer his emails etc.

The bottom line really is the communication...if it is good, its a great situation! I had one boss who let us work from home and always answered our emails and IM'ed us...that was ideal!!

Melissa

From: Hina vaswani <hinavaswani -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
CC: lataudnani -at- hotmail -dot- com, hinavaswani -at- hotmail -dot- com
Subject: Work from home (Telecommute)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 04:04:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Friends,

I have been on this list from 1998 and it sure has become a part of my life!

I am a Technical Writer and Technical Editor/Organizational Development Analyst (ODA).

We have moved from Bloomington, IL, USA to Spain, Europe after my 1st born last year. My husband's entire family resides here, hence the move.

My daughter is 1 year now and I am looking forward to start working from home on interesting/challenging documentation projects.

1) I need advice on how to start approaching company's in the USA?

2) I would like feedback on my Resume. Incase, you can help me with it I can send the it offline. My email id is : hinavaswani -at- hotmail -dot- com or lataudnani -at- hotmail -dot- com .

Thanks!
Hina Vaswani.
(Maiden Name: Lata Udnani)

Yahoo! Mail

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotmail.com