Finding character styles in Word with VBA?

Subject: Finding character styles in Word with VBA?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Partridge, Robert" <Robert -dot- Partridge -at- au -dot- unisys -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:19:50 -0500

Robert Partridge wondered: <<I'm trying to find both para and char formats and replace them with other formats in Word XP... Finding and replacing para formats is easy with this code <snipped>... What I can't seem to do is find character styles using the same method.>>

I'm not a VBA programmer by any means, but often the simplest solution to finding out how Word would do something in VBA is to record a macro that does what you want to accomplish. Then examine the VBA code that Word generated to create the macro. In this case, just record the steps of replacing any character style with any other character style, then copy the resulting code into your own macro and make the necessary changes.

www.geoff-hart.com