RE: I like the Dummies books (and VWs)

Subject: RE: I like the Dummies books (and VWs)
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:43:25 -0500

Arroxaneullman said...

> Go ahead, raise your hand if you, too, owned an old VW. Raise two if
> you had the same book!

One hand up--my first car was a hand-me-down 1975 (first year) VW
Rabbit. Growing up my folks had several old (60s era) Beetles and one VW
Microbus that we used for family vacations a few times.

I enjoyed the Rabbit because it taught me to drive a stick shift (and
how to drive one clutchless because it was designed with a non-hydraulic
cable-operated clutch that had an alarming tendency to go out, both
before I got the car and once I started driving it). Ahh... those were
the days...