RE: Changing Font size in chm files generated by RoboHelp

Subject: RE: Changing Font size in chm files generated by RoboHelp
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "'Bonnie Granat'" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, "'Gurpreet Singh'" <gurpreet2311 -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:56:37 -0500

Bonnie,

What you said was news to me, so I tested it with various IE installations.
I found that changing View | Text Size in various versions of IE had no
impact on font size in any of the .chms tested.

As far as I know, the font size the author specifies (and I think it's very
rare that an author wouldn't specify font and size) is what you get. Going
to Options |Internet Options from within the .chm, only allows the user to
change font (not size) and then only for text that is not already specified
as a particular font.

WinHelp, of course, had a menu item for choosing font size (Options | Font |
Small, Normal, Large), but I know of no setting in HTML Help to enable that.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

MS Help MVP
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help Certified Trainer and MVP
WexTech MVP, and Certified Trainer

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
201-714-9525