Re: Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors

Subject: Re: Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors
From: "Ed Wurster" <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: ekarenski-techwrl -at- yahoo -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:17:37 -0500

This is the wrong place to get tax advice. Try misc.taxes.moderated
newsgroup. You can search it through google groups. There are actually
EA's in the group, and they do a great job of answering each question
from different perspectives.

Two guidelines that will help you:

1. Pay 100% of last year's tax this year, or
2. 90% of your best estimate for this year.

You don't need a CPA. You need a professional tax preparer. Those who
have passed all of the IRS qualifications are identified as Enrolled
Agents (EA.)

On 3/23/06, Karen wrote:

> This is the first time I've had to file as an
> independent contractor and it's only for 4 months of
> last year.

Ed Wurster (Voorhees, NJ)
Tech Tips Blog

WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today!.

Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors: From: Karen

Previous by Author: Re: Job chosing dillemma
Next by Author: Re: Any suggestions for replacing Word
Previous by Thread: Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors
Next by Thread: RE: Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads