Re: How to Convince Development Dept to Provide External and Internal Design Specs?

Subject: Re: How to Convince Development Dept to Provide External and Internal Design Specs?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Steve Phillips <sm -dot- phillips -at- verizon -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:34:28 -0800 (PST)

The question needs to be re framed. For systems of
any significant size, it is impossible to have
adequate design specs without first creating adequate
functional specs. Asking for design specs without
first doing valid functional specs is asking for
something for nothing. Sorry, no dice.

Now as to why ya ain't going to get any quality
functional specs - that is the $64,000 question. The
answer is so simple that a truck driver can understand
it -yet so complex that heads of systems engineering
at world renowned universities just don't get it.

Tony Markos
"It is only by dying (i.e., following the flow of
data) that we are born again (i.e., come to understand
the underlying logic of a system.)" - AJ Markos

http://mail.yahoo.com