ISO standards for displaying errors, warnings, etc.

Subject: ISO standards for displaying errors, warnings, etc.
From: "Stacia Marlett" <smarlett -at- digitalriver -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:24:20 -0600

Hi! I'm new and have come with a question already.

I've tried Googling and searching the ISO website, but I cannot find
clear definitions for Errors, Warnings, etc. I'm working with our UI
Design group on displaying errors in our web app. We aren't sure what
the standards are for the little icons that go with errors, or the
correct level of priority.

Right now we have a red triangle containing a white exclamation point
with bold red font for errors, and a yellow triangle containing a black
exclamation point with normal black font for warnings. We also use an
"Info" message with a blue circle and a white "i" for the icon. Our
success messages are a green circle containing a white checkmark. What
are the other levels?

Anything will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Stacia Marlett
Technical Writer
Digital River
9625 West 76th St. Ste. 150