Annotating HTML - another question

Subject: Annotating HTML - another question
From: "Walter Campbell" <atypicaluser -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:58:12 -0800

Here's another question about annotating HTML. Are there any tools that
allow you to annotate content on Web pages similar to what can be done with
Adobe Acrobat or recent versions of Adobe Reader (for example, highlight
tools, drawing tools, insert/delete text tools).

A scenario to illustrate the type of annotation I'm talking about: you've
written copy for a Web site. The copy exists on Web pages on a staging
server. Marketing wants to review and mark up the content as it appears on
the staged Web site.

A few things worth mentioning:
* I realize the capability I'm asking for is a bit odd.
* I realize there are plenty of workarounds (e.g., convert the Web pages to
PDF files and send them for review).
* This is just idle curiosity on my part; I'm not facing this situation at
work or at play.

Thanks much,

--
Walt Campbell