RE: quick question about 'hence'

Subject: RE: quick question about 'hence'
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "'Johan Hiemstra'" <webmaster -at- techexams -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 16:45:47 -0400

I agree with you, Johan. "Hence" is occasionally used, but I think more
often as respite from "thus" and "therefore." But in your example, I think
"and therefore" or "and thus" (without any comma) is better than "hence."

Thus, we'd have:

"For lighter colors, you will usually need more layers of paint and thus
more
paint cans."

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com