UK/US usage: V ac, VAC?

Subject: UK/US usage: V ac, VAC?
From: <tech -dot- writer1 -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:24:54 -0500 (CDT)

I am editing some specs for components engineered in the UK, and I am seeing the abbreviation V ac used for "volts alternating current." As a US-based tech writer I am used to seeing VAC.

Can anyone in the UK confirm that V ac is the accepted, or more commonly used, usage there?

And can anyone in the US confirm that VAC is the accepted abbreviation?


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today!.

Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: Re: Website for Illustrations
Next by Author: MS WORD: Cross-reference to custom styles?
Previous by Thread: Re: Deadlines - Extend or Deal? (LONG)
Next by Thread: Re: UK/US usage: V ac, VAC?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads