Word 2003 to pdf WITH active links

Subject: Word 2003 to pdf WITH active links
From: wendy_lewis -at- goodyear -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:33:45 -0400

This is driving me crazy. I've searched everywhere and think it's
something simple that I'm not doing.
I'm using Word 2003 and Acrobat 7.0. When I pdf, the links are not active.
When you install Acrobat 7.0, it doesn't install PDFMaker, like I'm used
to.

What I can find online tells me that there is supposed to be a
PDFMaker.dot file in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\startup folder. Well, there isn't a PDFMaker.dot file on
my box, I can't find on online, and there is no such folder. I've also
been told to put macro security to medium, but there are no macros to
secure.

I've deduced that Word 2003 doesn't use PDFMaker, so tried printing with
Adobe PDF, like I do with Frame. As you can probably tell, I'm a Frame
user that is stuck doing occasional work with Word. This used to work, and
I'm not sure what I did to change it. Maybe upgraded my Word? I don't even
remember.

Would one of you Word Gurus out there please help?

Wendy Lewis
Technical Writer
wendy_lewis at goodyear dot com