Re: The Problem With Keeping It Plain And Simple

Subject: Re: The Problem With Keeping It Plain And Simple
From: "Hemang Antani" <hemang -dot- phenix -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:12:14 +0530

On 4/21/06, Rachna Ganguli <rachna -dot- ganguli -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Easy to use software usually needs little supporting documentation.
> Documenting hard-to-use software just adds fuel to the already raging
> fire of confusion. No masterpiece can camouflage a badly designed
> product.
>
> <Hemang>

The software I am referring to is a windows based software that used to
have one exe each for

- configuration
- setting up required data, set dependencies with other 15 exes being
shipped as part of the main product
- running the software
- taking reports

and all these when the company has no written technical specs or user specs,
no induction policies for new employees, he is just asked to sit on the
computer and "try" software that he is supposed to work on. Poor guys do
not understand where to start.

Hemang