Re: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?

Subject: Re: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?
From: Lisa Roth <roth -dot- lisa -at- jimmy -dot- harvard -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:08:58 -0400

"Send an e-mail to Jane and I."
or the evil twin:
"Send an e-mail to Jane and myself." (This one always brings to mind the title of a song I liked in college: "You enjoy myself.")

Me like Friday pet peeves!
Friday pet peeves are funny to I!

On that note, TGIF! Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

P.S. I think my runner-up pet peeve is the overuse of ellipses.

Nuckols, Kenneth M wrote:

Earlier today I saw a post that contained what might have been a clever
unexpected placement of a word, or what might have been the result of
some automatic spell checker's "fix" of a typo. But outside our list
it's such a basic and common error that it makes me want to puke every
time I see it: when someone writes the word "loose" when he or she is
trying to write "lose."
Now I may be the only person who has that particular pet peeve, but as
writers I know we all have them. My question for the list is this: what
is your personal pet peeve of a misused, misspelled, or improper word
choice, and what draconian measures would you impose on the education
system to purge that error out of every grade-school student in any
English classroom?

Hands down, "loose" and "lose" is that extreme pet peeve for me.
What pet peeves do others have?