Re: Superscript in XML

Subject: Re: Superscript in XML
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Manisha Khurana <mkhurana -at- techbooks -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:10:28 -0400

Manisha Khurana wrote:

Can anyone suggest me a solution of superscript and subscript in XML? How can I show superscript and subscript through XML? I shall be obliged.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/text.html Search for the word superscript on that long page.

If you can output html directly, just use <sup></sup> tags. The other approach is to use a Unicode font that supports range 2070 to 2079 (superscripts) and 2080 to 2089 (subscripts), then output the appropriate character codes.