Re: TOP THAT: Antique Email (WAS RE: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing))

Subject: Re: TOP THAT: Antique Email (WAS RE: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing))
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 11:22:19 +1000

My first email account was through the late, lamented Ashton-
Tate, beginning in 1988. My .sig file at the time read:

Ashton-Tate is not responsible for the content of
this message and I'm not responsible for MultiMate

Michele Davis wrote:

When I was busy getting more education, after my BA, I remember reading about Laura Lemay and wanting to be like her. I wanted to write books! Eons after reading her diatribes on her Killer of Trees website I finally started getting picked to write techie books. All thanks to Ms. Lemay. [curtsy]

Yeah, I figure someday I'll be able to dine out on the
fact that I edited Laura back in the days when she was
a captive tech writer. *waves*

-- Janice