RE: preserving fonts made in visio

Subject: RE: preserving fonts made in visio
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:11:32 -0400

Assuming that you have the full Acronat 6.0 0 or 7.0 product (either the
Standard or Professional edition), you need to open the PDF in Acrobat
and use the Document>Crop Pages command. If you have Acrobat 7.0,
you can use the "Remove white margins" option to make the process
nearly automatic. Remember to save the PDF after the crop operation.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: preserving fonts made in visio
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:04:56 +0000

Text callouts that I added in visio (to a bmp file) came out looking blurry when saved from visio to bmp (or tiff).

Based partly on some extremely helpful info posted a while back, I instead printed the visio to pdf and inserted the pdf into frame. The text callouts now look fantastic!

(I printed to pdf since I did not see any way to Save the visio file to a format that would preserve the fonts well.)

My only problem now: I am new to printing an image to a pdf. The pdf made from visio contains the image itself AND a huge area of white around it.

How can I print to pdf in visio and get just the image? I tried selecting the image and selecting "Selection" in the Print dialog, but it made no difference. I still a massive white area along with my 4x5 image.

Thanks.

Paul