RE: Non-TW supervisor

Subject: RE: Non-TW supervisor
From: "Ron Hearn" <RHearn -at- cucbc -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:15:36 -0700

All good points Bill, especially about trust. I have mostly worked as a
lone TW which has often meant TPTB never know where to put me in the org
chart. I've been part of development, marketing, and support groups and
have had countless managers. The most negative experiences have been
when I have been attached to a QA group and reported to the group
manager. This has been because manager has invariably looked down her
nose at the doc. function as a no-brainer secretarial one and can't
understand why the docs aren't perfect on the first rough draft. The
last time that happened I moved on and into what has become my current
situation - one in which my manager trusts me and has confidence in what
I can do. I am hoping that there are no org changes anytime soon.

Ron