RE: Conducting Telephone Interviews

Subject: RE: Conducting Telephone Interviews
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:23:54 -0400

David Dubin said...

> The interview question that I have always hated is "what do you want
> see
> on your tombstone?" The last time I was asked that, it was by a 20
> something interviewer when I was in my 50's ( I was born in 1946) and
my
> response was "Died 2048"

It strikes me that this question would be in terribly bad taste under
any circumstances. After all, you never know if the person you are
interviewing may have recently lost a loved one, or if someone might
think you are engaging in agism at their expense (especially a more
mature candidate).

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it.