Re: Problem with Word TOC's in Adobe Conversions

Subject: Re: Problem with Word TOC's in Adobe Conversions
From: "Barry Campbell" <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: susan -dot- jelus -at- daytonrcs -dot- com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:02:48 -0400

On 5/30/06, Susan Jelus <Susan -dot- Jelus -at- daytonrcs -dot- com> wrote:

We're having trouble converting large Word 2003 documents to Acrobat 7 .pdf
files. In the converted acrobat .pdf files, the links from the table of
contents (created in Word) to topics in the same document don't work in some
of our larger documents (anything over 10 megabytes).

How much RAM does the PC running Word and Acrobat have?

Big documents like lots of headroom when they're being converted to
PDF. I used to run into all kinds of issues (including broken links)
when converting large Word documents, but since I upgraded both my
desktop and laptop to 2GB of RAM, I haven't had a problem like this.

If you can zip up a large Word document so that it's a reasonable size
to e-mail, I'd be glad to try to PDF it on one of my machines.

- bc

--
Barry Campbell <barry -at- campbell-online -dot- com>
http://campbell-online.com