Re: Looking for desktop slideshow

Subject: Re: Looking for desktop slideshow
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: Peter Lewicke <plewicke -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 19:18:28 -0400

Try irfanview, http://www.irfanview.com/

It'll let you assemble a bunch of pictures in any
of many formats, and cycle through them as you wish.
You can change the speed, have it change at a
mouseclick, revise the order of presentation, even
play music. It's astonishingly easy to use. (I don't
know if there is a user manual. I've not ever had to
read it.)

The program does do a bunch of other things, too, but
it is certainly not bloatware, and Irfan (the guy who
wrote it) seems to be an honest person who just
likes to write good software. I use it frequently
for scanning and resizing/resampling photos.

If you do like it, Irfan suggests you send him about
10 Euros via PayPal. Apparently he's making money
this way. Whadda guy!