RE: Modularization of Documentation

Subject: RE: Modularization of Documentation
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:43:37 -0400

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response. So you're saying that in_the_whole_world,
there's not a single book about documentation that requires the
following:

* Each section ("module," whatever) of documentation should describe a
specific task and be clearly labeled as such.
* Each section of printed documentation should be no more than one page
long. (What about onscreen Help? Varying page sizes?)
* Each section of documentation should have no more than five other
sections that either reference it or are referenced by it.

While I don't personally agree with all three requirements, I'll bet
*someone* has written a book that requires them.

If not, write it!

Thanks,

Dan

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.