Re: Modularization of Documentation

Subject: Re: Modularization of Documentation
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Tony Markos" <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:44:15 -0400

Tony,

I don't favor one methodology over another except where one best fits
the situation. I use several different methods of modularizing
documentation, and switch based on the nature of the information, the
deadline I'm faced with, the people I'm working with and their
confortability level, and so forth.

When I have the time, I take a IM approach. Other times I use a DFD
approach to breaking systems down. Sometimes I apply an Abreve-like
approach when I need to repair existing information. I also tend to
use Six Sigma devices and such, among other methods.

Honestly, I haven't the time to outline for you what each of these
involves. Perhaps you should read up on the subjects (I'd provided
many links to literature yesterday).

I also find it ironic that you're intent on getting specific
information while providing none yourself. But I guess it's more about
the debate for you than anythign else. I never joined the debate club.
Homey don't play dat.

On 6/8/06, Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Please provide the steps to creating modular
documentation for the approach that you most favor.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter