Re: Hollow Bullets - Your Thoughts

Subject: Re: Hollow Bullets - Your Thoughts
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:42:36 -0400

We used to use those for real ones when our only output device was
a daisy-wheel printer. Lower-case "o" can be filled in nicely by
hand to make a real bullet. Hollow bullets are confusing if they
haven't been filled in. In writing that seems to call for them,
within nested (or n-deep nested) bullet lists, it's often wise to
rethink the organization of the material.

Occasionally we use hollow-point bullets against varmints.

Dubin, David wrote:

Colleagues,
First of all, thank you for your responses on my original enumeration
question. I knew that I could count on both a wealth of knowledge and a
wealth of opinion, both of which I find valuable and useful.
Another issue on which I would like your input is the use of hollow bullet
symbols in curriculum documentation. What do you think about the use of
hollow bullets and why?