Re: Anyone here use Captivate?

Subject: Re: Anyone here use Captivate?
From: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "Potdar, Deepali" <deepali -at- bf -dot- umich -dot- edu>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:38:35 -0500

Hi Deepali

With Captivate, the smaller the better (within reason). While I'm sure there are certain times when full screen is required, these seem to be few and far between. Certainly not recommended, nor is it best practice. I think I would stick with the 800 X 600 size if I were you.

Indeed there is a way to force a simulation to play in a window that isn't the browser. Just publish as standalone in .EXE format. When you do this, you see a Flash Player window. The Flash Player is embedded inside the .EXE. These are normally intended to be used where the Flash Player isn't actually installed on the viewer's PC. Or offered up as an alternative in case the movies can't be viewed in the normal .SWF/.HTM way.

Indeed resizing the movie will cause a degradation in quality just as it does with a screen capture. The reason is because when it is all said and done at the day's end with Captivate, you are manipulating bitmapped images.

Hopefully some of this was useful to you... Rick :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Potdar, Deepali" <deepali -at- bf -dot- umich -dot- edu>